VEGGIE LOVERS UNITE!!
If you’re poor, feel poor, aren’t poor or were poor, (does that cover everyone?) this healthy side dish or main course… (cuz… let’s be honest, I could eat the whole pan) NEEDS to be in. your. belly.Jump to Recipe
I was sitting in the locker room one day when one of my teammates walked in carrying her lunch. The most incredible smell met my nose when she cracked that thing open. “What is that?!” I asked drooling. Her response?
What? What does “roasted” mean? There is such a thing?
I come from the land of boiled veggies. This must be a dream.
LITERALLY only 5 ingredients and I can bet they are sitting in your spice cupboard already.
If you’re a veggie hater, those days are over.
These puppies taste like you just shelled out your life savings at a 5 star restaurant. But you didn’t! Hah!!
Chop your broccoli into bite size pieces, and slice your carrots in half lengthwise.
Throw them in a bowl, pour some olive oil on ’em, sprinkle generously with garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. Stir, and BOOM BABY! Bake time!
Throw them on a baking sheet covered in foil or a silicon baking mat (recommended for the sake of cleanup) and bake them at 375 F stirring every 10 minutes until done (usually about 30 minutes total).
I like them tender with the edges blackened, like my bacon.
Poor Man’s Roasted Veggies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2-4 Cups Fresh Veggies (Broccoli, carrots, onion, peppers, etc)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Chop vegetables into bite size pieces and place in large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over vegetables and stir. Add onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper and stir well.
- Place veggies on baking sheet covered in foil or use a silicon baking mat.
- Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.